Let their hearts Run Wild
We pride ourselves on an excellent Kid’s Program here at The Red Rock Ranch. It is the cornerstone of this Jackson Hole Dude Ranch.
- Kid’s Program participants must be six years old or older.
- Kid’s Program is a completely supervised program during the day.
- Hands-on kids riding program includes daily care of personal horse, brushing, saddling, bridling and turn-out.
- We offer Team Penning which involves sorting and penning steers in the arena.
- We offer Gymkhana for fun and games on horseback in the arena.
- Full-day and half-day trail rides are available daily with the Kid Wranglers.
- We offer vaulting to learn “gymnastic” skills on horseback – participants will give a demonstration for parents and family.
- Other equestrian activities include a Scavenger Hunt on horseback.
- In the Kid’s Fly Fishing Clinic, participants will learn the basics of casting a fly from a professional fishing guide at one of our stocked trout ponds.
- Other activities include a cook out, a kids-only dinner next to Crystal Creek, hiking, games and crafts.
Children are an important part of the Red Rock Ranch. It wouldn’t be the same Wyoming Dude Ranch without them. They love the freedom of just being kids in the wide open spaces of Wyoming. There is no TV or video games, but they will be busy with horseback riding, caring for their own specially chosen horses, volleyball, pickleball, horseshoes and the kid’s recreation room. There is something special about swimming in our heated pool surrounded by the beautiful red cliffs, playing tag with new friends or simply enjoying a game of foosball or ping pong.
Our Kid’s Riding Program includes supervised trail rides for children six years and older. All children ride at the discretion of our Head Wrangler whose first priority is their safety. Competent Kid’s Wranglers lead the kid’s up various trails through mountain meadows and stream crossings, to look for wildlife and search for fossils. Teens may choose to ride with the adults or form their own riding group to head out with and explore the wonder of Wyoming out on the trails.
Families who bring young children should consider bringing their own babysitter (we offer an attractive weekly rate for your own babysitter) so that you can participate in all of the dude ranch activities. For an additional charge there are babysitting services available from the Jackson Hole area.