Recommended Items For Your Stay at the Ranch
What to bring
Here is a list of recommended clothing and accessories for your Wyoming dude ranch vacation:
- Cowboy boots that are slip-on style with a low heal are mandatory for riding. Lace up boots are not permitted for safety reasons.
- Jeans for horseback riding
- Jacket and sweater for cool evenings and mornings
- Sunglasses, hat with chin strap, sunscreen and camera
- Personal fly fishing equipment for the avid fisherman
- Hiking shoes for the scenic mountain/trail hiking
The altitude at the ranch is 7,250 feet, so please be aware of high altitude sun rays that can cause sunburn and dehydration. A hat that secures under your chin is advisable. Dude Ranch attire is casual and shorts and swimsuits are welcome around the heated pool. Shoes must be worn in the dining room and we ask that bathing suits be covered during meals.
We do have a small Ranch Store that offers a variety of Red Rock Ranch shirts, fleece jackets and other gifts, gloves, sunscreen and small sundries.