A few notes from A seasoned cowboy
Here are a few guidelines to help you plan your Dude Ranch vacation:
- Red Rock Ranch has been providing authentic Dude Ranch Vacations for over 40 years.
- Red Rock Ranch is located at 7,250 feet in the Bridger-Teton National Forest near Jackson Hole Wyoming.
- Airport locations by car: Jackson Hole is 45 minutes and Salt Lake City is 6.5 hours from the ranch.
- Minimum age for children program participants is six years and older.
- We offer full- and half-day Mountain Trail Riding and team penning in the arena as part of our riding program.
- Check-in after 2:00 PM on Sunday. A Welcome BBQ starts at 5:30 PM for all guests.
- The ranch has a Saloon with a full liquor license. We have an impressive wine list, beer and spirits that are available for purchase.
- Fly fishing instruction clinics are offered at additional cost at the start of the week for all guests at our stocked ponds. Equipment is provided.
- Fly fishing, on Crystal Creek with private access to all guests and is catch and release only. Licenses are required for the river and can be purchased online prior to your arrival or in Jackson
- Fishing flies and various sundries are available at our Ranch Store.
- Laundry facilities are provided for all guests.
- Limited WIFI, satelite driven signal, is available in the saloon and lodge.
- Cell phone service is not available at the ranch.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Smoking is not permitted in any of the ranch buildings.
- Whitewater and scenic river rafting trips are available as an off-ranch activity. We can refer you to some of our favorites.
- Check-out is 10:00 AM on Saturday. Full payment is due at check-out. Personal checks are accepted, we do take American Express, Visa & Master Card while present at the ranch for final payment. (Convenience fees will apply for credit card use.)
- WEEKLY SCHEDULE. This is a short version of what we offer.
Sunday- Check in after 2:00, BBQ 5:30
Monday- Horse Orientation and morning rides. Fly fishing clinic, afternoon rides
Tuesday- Half day or all day ride options, early kids dinner
Wednesday – Morning breakfast ride, family rides, guided hiking, kids arena games, square dance
Thursday – Half day or all day ride options, guided hiking, kids cookout, campfire
Friday – Morning cattle work, family rides, dinner ride to closing BBQ
Saturday – Short ride option, checkout by 10:00 -Farewell till next time !!!
There are many more activities through out the week, Massage Services being one of them.
Jackson Hole Area
There are many fabulous local attractions to visit in the Jackson Hole area either before or after your dude ranch vacation, including Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Park tours, river rafting, hiking, rodeos and shopping. We will be happy to provide recommendations and lodging information. Most guests do not leave the ranch during their stay because they do not want to miss out on all the ranch programs and activities.
Contact us at 307-733-6288 or visit the reservations page for more information.
Red Rock Ranch is a permittee of the Bridger Teton National Forest.